1873 - ?

Stafford School of Art, the first art classes in Stafford were held in an upstairs room at the Borough Hall in 1873 and in 1896 the School of Art joined the County Technical School in the Earl Street building which later became the County Education Offices. Then known as the Stafford College of Art and Crafts, in 1963 it moved into the Girls’ High School building at The Oval, Lichfield Road, Stafford. After another name change in 1971 when the Stafford School of Art and Design merged with Stafford College of Further Education, the art school becoming a department of the college at Victoria Square, Stafford.