1884 - ?

Cooling Galleries were opened in London around 1884 by John Albert Cooling (20 March 1859-26 May 1931), son of John Cooling, picture restorer and art dealer. Young John Cooling was educated University College School, London, South Kensington Schools and the Royal Academy Schools, where he was a medalist and exhibitor in 1880 and originally a portrait painter and restorer entering the art business in 1884. The Cooling Galleries were originally at 150 Southampton Row then at 47 Fleet Street and from 1911 until mid-1970s at 92 New Bond Street when they moved to 37 Albermarle Street. The gallery merged with Newman & Co to become Newman & Cooling and eventually closed in the late 1980s.

An unrelated gallery with the same name was open for a brief time in Cork Street, London in the early 1990s which was not related to the Cooling Galleries or to Newman & Cooling.