BROMLEY COLLEGE OF ART

1878 - ?

Bromley School of Art opened in 1878 in Tweedy Road, Bromley which later became Bromley Library and after the Second World War it was renamed Bromley College of Art. After a merger with the Department of Furniture Design of the Beckenham School of Art, in 1959 it became Bromley Technical College and in 1962, the remainder of Beckenham School of Art merged with Bromley College of Art and Sidcup School of Art to form Ravensbourne College of Art and Design. In 1965 the college moved to Rookery Lane, Bromley Common and in 1975 the college moved to a purpose-built building on Walden Road, Chislehurst when Rookery Lane was redeveloped for the Bromley College of Further & Higher Education.