NICHOLLS, (William) Guy

1925 - 1988

Guy Nicholls

Born in Farnham, Surrey on 3 May 1925, son of Guy Sydney Nicholls (1891-1970) and his wife Beryl Alice née Wright (1897-1976), who married at Norwich in 1920. He studied at the Regent Street and Chelsea Schools of Art and was an illustrator and graphic designer. He married in the Surrey NE district in 1955, Susan P. Nichol and they had four children, Matthew (born 1958), Lisa (born 1959), Hannah (born 1963) and Katheryn (born 1965). A director of TDL, advertising & design consultants, 80-92 Mansell Street, London, E1. After eleven years of non-production he began painting again in 1963, working under the name of Guy Nicholls in 1964 had a major exhibition at Gallery Thirteen, Aldeburgh, Suffolk which had followed another in London in 1965. In 1964 the German art magazine 'Gebrauchsgraphik' devoted an extensive article on his work and in 1966 his studio was at 13 Market Cross, Aldeburgh, Suffolk. He died in France in 1988.

Works by This Artist