1826 - 1892

As Louisa Jones, she was baptised at Liverpool on 8 May 1826, daughter of John Jones of Fulwood Lodge, Aigburth, Liverpool and his wife Sarah. Louisa married at the Church of St Mary Magdalene, Hastings, Sussex 24 November 1868, Revd James Robert Turnock (c1818-20 January 1895), vicar of St Mary le Tower Church, Ipswich 1861-1890. Louisa exhibited, from Ipswich, at the Woodbridge Industrial & Art Exhibition at the Lecture Hall, Woodbridge, Suffolk in 1883, two watercolours 'Scarborough' and 'St John's Tower, Cambridge' and as Mrs. J. R. Turnock, a member of Ipswich Fine Art Club 1884-1888 and exhibited from Parkside, Ipswich from 1881 when she had on show six watercolours, 'Capri and the Bay of Naples', 'Mont St Michael from Avranches', 'Lago Maggiore from Stresa', 'Cannes', 'Vesuvius from Naples' and 'Thorvaldsen's Lion at Lucerne', in 1882 five watercolours 'Felixstowe', 'Vesuvius from the Mare Morto', 'Massa Ducale', 'Venice' and 'Royal Oak, Northgate Street', in 1883 three watercolours 'St John's Tower and Bridge, Cambridge', 'Hospenthal' and 'The Font, Burley Minster', in 1884 three watercolours 'From Barmouth Bridge', 'Lucerne' and 'From Barmouth', in 1885 watercolours 'Florence from San Minianto' and 'The Orwell from the Ostrich' and continued to exhibit until 1888. Louisa Turnock was of Waltham Rectory, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire when she died at Bournemouth, Hampshire on 27 November 1892, aged 67 and buried in Ipswich Cemetery and her husband, who died at Menton, France in 1895, was buried beside her.