1881 - ?

Lowestoft School of Arts and Crafts was founded in 1881 with the first art classes held at St John's School, Lowestoft. In 1891 the Science and Art School moves into Regent Road and the Town Hall and in 1898 new permanent buildings for the Technical and Art Institute shared with the new High School at Clapham Road, Lowestoft. In 1904 Grace Musson is appointed as Pupil Teacher of Art and in 1923 she is appointed principal of the Technical Institute and School of Art and on her retirement in 1946 the School of Art is split from the Technical Institute. In 1965 the Lowestoft School of Art merges with the College of Education and in 1995 their Church Road buildings are closed, and all provisions are delivered from the Southtown Campus in Great Yarmouth. Both Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth Colleges start a collaboration with University Colleges in Ipswich to deliver degree courses and in 2017 Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft Colleges merge to form East Coast College. The records 1881-1969 are held at Suffolk Archives, The Hold, 131 Fore Street, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP4 1LR Reference Number: 1401.

Works by This Artist