PHOENIX ART CLUB

1953 - ?

The Phoenix Art Club was founded about 1953 at 97 High Street, Lavenham, Suffolk and held its first exhibition 'Lavenham in Paint, Pastel and Pencil' at the Phoenix Art Gallery on 24 May 1954 which was opened by Cavendish Morton. The introduction was by Ronald McCausland-White (1908-1980), owner of the Phoenix Gallery, who was asking for new members.

The committee was
Thomas Bayliss Huxley-Jones (19081968), sculptor
Paul Earee and
James Kidwell Popham