GOOD, John William

1907 - 1983

John William Good was born at Gillingham, Kent on 28 August 1907, son of Charles Frederick Good (25 March 1880-12 August 1966), a shipwright, and his wife, Edith Maud née James (1 September 1881-3 October 1952), who married at Gillingham in 1904. In 1911, John was a 2-year-old, living at 9 Hamilton Road, Gillingham with his parents, 31-year-old Charles, born at Harwich, and 29-year-old Edith, born at Dovercourt, both in Essex, with his elder brother, 5-year-old Charles. In 1939, an unmarried patient in a Branch of Royal Eastern Counties Institution, Turner Village, Colchester, Essex. In 1921 he is still a patient at tje Royal Eastern Countries Institution for Imbeccles, Colchester when his birth town is given as Sudbury, Suffolk, and that both his parents were dead. An associate member of the Ipswich Art Club 1954-1963 and exhibited from 37 Lattice Avenue, Ipswich in 1953, three watercolours 'Tuddenham Bridge', 'Rushmere St Andrew' and 'Looking Down Lady Street, Lavenham', in 1954 'Monks Eleigh', in 1955 'Chappel, Essex', in 1960, a watercolour 'Marsh Cottage' and finally in 1961 'The Tide Mill'. John William Good died at Colchester, Essex in 1983.