CRAFT POTTERS ASSOCIATION

1958 - ?

CRAFT POTTERS ASSOCIATION

The Craft Potters Association was formed in 1958 to promote the work of its members and to increase public awareness of contemporary studio pottery, opening their first small shop in Soho, in Londonís West End. As the membership grew, the Craftsman Potterís Shop and Gallery moved around the corner to a larger premises in Marshall Street. Ceramic Review Magazine was launched, becoming a respected international journal, and always reflecting the diversifying scene in contemporary pottery and ceramics. In 2010. the CPA opened the Contemporary Ceramic Centre in Bloomsbury, opposite the British Museum, bringing the shop, the offices of the association and the magazine under one roof for the first time, and with room to create a dedicated gallery space for a changing programme of shows of the very best artist potters and ceramic artists. The Craft Potters Association became a member of the International Academy of Ceramics, the CPA has a membership of over three hundred Selected and Fellow members and over seven hundred associates, and through its businesses, events and activities continues to be a standard bearer for excellence in British studio ceramics.
Website: https://www.craftpotters.com