WILLIAMSON, Alfred David

1868 - 1934

Alfred David Williamson, was born at Old Machar, Aberdeen, Scotland on 2 August 1868, son of Robert Williamson, meat factory commissioner, and his wife Margaret née Low. In 1891, an 'electrical engineer', living with his father at 26 Ayne Road, Islington and he married at Ecclesall Bierlow, Sheffield, Yorkshire in 1898, Ethel Mary Watson, their daughter was Aline Williamson [q.v.]. In 1901, they were living at The Dale, Hathersgate, Derbyshire, but by 1911 an 'electrical manufacturer', living at Broomhill, Woodbridge, Suffolk. A watercolour landscape painter and etcher and a member of Ipswich Art Club 1928-1933 and exhibited from Broomhill, Woodbridge in 1930, five watercolours 'River Deben, Woodbridge', 'Seckford Street, Woodbridge', 'St Peter's Church, Ipswich', 'Glover's Yard, Woodbridge' and 'Barge Repairs, Ipswich', an etching 'Coddenham' and a pencil 'Brandon Bridge', and in 1932 exhibited five watercolours 'Tide Mill and Granary, Woodbridge', 'Dedham Church from Sun Yard', 'Woodbridge Tide Mill and Ferry', 'Barges in Woodbridge Dock' and a dry point 'Barge, Dover Castle, Woodbridge', and in 1933 a further five watercolours 'Monks Eleigh Mill, Suffolk', 'Kersey, Suffolk', 'Westhall Mill, Suffolk', 'Woodbridge Tide Mill' and 'Great Bealings Church, Suffolk', he exhibited some twenty-three works, mostly local views. He was of Broomhill, Woodbridge when he died at Armstrong Nursing Home, Aberdeen on 9 October 1934. In 1937, his wife as Mrs Williamson, and daughter Aline were living at Broomhill, Woodbridge but Ethel was of Mount Pleasant, Burkitt Road, Woodbridge when she died at Brooke House Nursing Home, Henley Road, Ipswich on 4 August 1963.




Works by This Artist