RYDER GALLERY

1901 - 1915

Ryder Gallery was opened around 1901 at 10 Ryder Street, St James, London when an exhibition of the animal paintings of Frances Caroline Fairman (18391923) and other artists was opened in December 1901. By 1903 it had moved to 47 Albemarle Street in London's West End when in February they held an exhibition of the works of Charles Conder (1868-1909) and M Legros (1837-1911) and they held several annual exhibitions each year. In 1914 it merged with the Ryder Decorative Company and they moved to 44 Conduit Street when they held an exhibition of fan painters. The next exhibition is noted in 'The Queen' of 31 November 1914 and it closed around 1915 when Blanche Georgiana Vulliamy exhibited some of her pottery in their last exhibition.