NEW ART CENTRE

1958 - ?

The New Art Centre was established in Sloane Street, London in 1958, and is a specialist in 20th and 21st-century art and has championed showing young and emerging artists as its core ambition. In 1994, the gallery moved from London to its current location at Roche Court, East Winterslow in Wiltshire. The house at Roche Court was originally built in 1804 for the family of Admiral Nelson and the park and woodlands which surround the house enable the Centre to focus on exhibiting outdoor sculpture, making the New Art Centre, Roche Court Sculpture Park a pioneer of the commercially run sculpture park in the UK. Today, the gallery continues to show those artists who first exhibited with them decades ago who are now in mid- or late-career, we site those artists in the gardens and in our award-winning contemporary indoor spaces and they have commissioned Scottish architect, Stephen Marshall to add four indoor exhibition spaces at Roche Court Sculpture Park; The Gallery & Orangery; The Artistís House; The Design House; and The Stable Gallery. Each have won several architectural awards. This expansion has enabled the Centre to stage a closely curated exhibition programme of modern and contemporary painting, drawing, sculpture, ceramics, and textiles. Roche Court is now used as a sculpture park and educational centre where work is shown both inside and outside in open parklands.




Works by This Artist