LAING, John Fraser

1875 - 1950

John Fraser Laing, is noted in Kelly’s Suffolk Directory 1896, as an artist at 1 Caroline Terrace, Church Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk. He was probably the John Fraser Laing who was born at 6 Nellfield Place, Old Machar, Aberdeenshire, Scotland on 26 February 1875, son of John and Elizabeth Laing. He had departed from Lowestoft by 1901 and he married at Shoredith, London in 1907, Annie Maria Smith (born 26 March 1866) and in 1939, a chemist's dispenser, living at 94 Adelaide Grove, Hammersmith, London with his wife Annie. He was of 94 Adelaide Grove when he died at Hammersmith Hospital, Shepherds Bush on 12 August 1950.