HILL, Bridget Copinger

1913 - 1986

Bridget Copinger Hill, was born at Buxhall, Stow, Suffolk on 25 September 1913, twin sister with Rhoisa (1913-11 April 1987), daughters of Charles Copinger Hill (1869-1936), a poultry farmer, and his wife Ethel Mary Geraldine née Wolfe (12 March 1881-1954), who married at Buxhall in 1912. In 1939, Bridget was living at Park House South Entrance, Saxmundham, Suffolk with her widowed mother Ethel and sibling Rhoisa. Bridget exhibited from Park House at the Ipswich Art Club in 1932, 'Mannequins', in 1933 an unfinished charcoal sketch of a Boy's Head, in 1935 an oil 'Portrait, and in 1941 two works 'Miss Stella Copper Wheat' and 'Peasant from Plitvicte Lakes'. An archaeologist who, together with her sister, helped with the excavations at Sutton Hoo, Woodbridge just before the Second World War. She died at Park House, Saxmundham on 6 February 1986, she was unmarried.