SCOTT, Ernest Cecil

1904 - 1975

Ernest Cecil Scott, was born at 41 Guildhall Street, Bury St Edmund's, Suffolk on 3 February 1904, eldest child of Ernest Frederick Scott (2 October 1881-10 June 1938), cycle mechanic, and his wife Lillie Jane née McMinnies (4 August 1878-9 November 1954), who married at Bury St Edmund's in 1902. As Cecil Scott, in 1911 a 7 year old, living at Guildhall Street, Bury St Edmund's with his parents, 28 year old Ernest and 32 year old Lillie, with three siblings, Albert 5, Pansy 2 and newly born Leonard. As E. Cecil Scott, he exhibited at the Ipswich Fine Art Club in 1923 'A Lane in Norwich' and 'Study of a Girl's Head' and his picture of 'Parham Old Hall, near Framlingham' is currently housed in the Lanman Museum in Framlingham Castle, Suffolk. A partner in Scott and Johnson Architects of Cornhill, Bury St Edmund's who designed the new Hawstead House, near Bury St Edmund's in 1939. In 1939, an unmarried architect, living at 8 Highbury Crescent, Bury St Edmund's with his widowed mother Lillie and two others. Ernest Cecil died at Cowper's Close, Cotton, Bury St Edmund's on 16 February 1975, he was unmarried.







Works by This Artist