1909 - 1961

Mary Robinson was born at Denholme, Bradford on 20 December 1909, daughter of Ewart Robinson (26 February 1887-9 January 1946), a farmer, and his wife Fanny Emily née Murgatroyd (3 April 1880-1943), who married at Keighley, Yorkshire in 1909. In 1911, Mary was a 1-year-old, living at Clough Farm, Upper Shaw, Denholme, Yorkshire with her parents, 24-year-old Ewart and 30-year-old Fanny. By 1925 they had moved to 'Glenfarge' 23 Finborough Road, Stowmarket, Suffolk. In 1939 Ewart was a felt refiner & glue maker, living at 23 Finborough Road, Stowmarket, Suffolk with his wife Fanny and daughter Mary, a commercial clerk and an air raid warden. Mary was a member of the Ipswich Art Club 1927-1937 exhibiting from Glenfarge, Finborough Road in 1927, an oil portrait 'G. J. Conford, Esq. M.A.' and a watercolour 'The Black Boy, West Wycombe Village' and in 1932 from Ivanhoe, Milton Road, Stowmarket, two watercolours 'Margaret' and 'Dartmoor'. Mary married at Stowmarket in 1955, Charles Wilgress Miller (15 January 1906-1982) and Mary Miller died at 23 Finborough Road, Stowmarket, Suffolk on 24 February 1961, leaving one son.