PHILLIPPS, Lucy Mary

1844 - 1923

Lucy Mary Phillipps, was born at Stoke Hall, Ipswich in 1844 and baptised at St Mary Stoke, Ipswich on 26 December 1844, daughter of Lieut. Col. Henry Phillipps (1806-12 June 1877), an army officer, and his wife Lucy Burch née Smyth (3 September 1810-1 February 1894), who married at Stoke Church, Ipswich on 4 March 1841. Together with her sister Isabella [q.v.], as the Missies Phillipps, members and exhibitors at Ipswich Fine Art Club 1875-1876, from Sproughton, Suffolk and may have exhibited but they are conflated with Miss, Mrs &c., such as 'Blakenham Mill, West Side', 'Solitude' and 'The Southwold Monument, Barking Church', all 1876. In 1891, Lucy was living at the Manor House, Bramford Road, Sproughton with her 80 year old widowed mother Lucy, and her siblings 42 year old Edward Pye Phillipps and married sister Isabella Percival [Phillipps q.v.]. She died at 1 Chesham Street, Chelsea, London on 19 January 1923, aged 78, she was unmarried.