TODD, William John Orlando

1905 - 1991

William John Orlando Todd was born at Trimley St Mary, Felixstowe, Suffolk on 31 March 1905, son of William James Todd (28 June 1878-1941), a carpenter, and his wife Mary Ann née Sayce (4 April 1878-1954), who married at Clun, Shropshire in 1900 and in 1921 were living at 294 High Street, Walton cum Felixstowe, Suffolk with their three children Dorthy Edna 17, William John 16 and Jack 13, by 1939 they had moved to 24 King Street, Walton-cum-Felixstowe. In 1908, William was admitted at Trimley St Mary County Primary School and in 1911, a 6-year-old scholar, living at 12 Cage Lane, Walton-cum-Felixstowe with his parents, 32-year-old William and 32-year-old Mary Ann, born at Bishops Castle, Shropshire, with siblings, Dorothy Edna 7 and newly born Jack, both born at Trimley. In 1921, as a carpenter, he enlisted in the Amalgamated Society of Woodworkers. He married at Felixstowe in 1936, Mabel Eva Versey (13 September 1892-1984) and in 1939, a carpenter, living at 48 Cornwall Road, Felixstowe with his wife Mabel and his widowed mother-in-law Mary Ann Versey (17 February 1866-1950). An associate member of the Ipswich Art Club 1944-1952 and exhibited from 48 Cornwall Road, Felixstowe, Suffolk in 1944 three paintings, 'The Old Hall', 'The Old Bridge' and 'The Home at Bethany' and in 1945 one painting, 'Woodbridge'. William John Orlando Todd died in the Ipswich district in 1991.