SCARFF, Kenneth Charles

1908 - 1987

Kenneth Charles Scarff was born at Colchester, Essex on 12 April 1908, son of Charles Thomas Henry Scarff (19 June 1874-1958), a brewer's clerk, and his wife Marie Trequair née Cotcher (17 March 1875-1979), who married at Colchester in 1905 and in 1939 were living at 21 Abbey Gate Street, Colchester. In 1911, Kenneth was a 3-year-old, living at 7 Beaconsfield Road, Colchester with his parents, 37-year-old Charles and 35-year-old Marie and his 5-year-old sister Iris Beryl. In 1939, an architect & surveyor, living at 21 Abbey Gate Street, Colchester with his parents and later an architect in Felixstowe, Suffolk. A member of the Ipswich Art Club from 1955 until his death, exhibiting watercolours from 6 South Hill, Felixstowe in 1956 'Grove at Candlett Farm', in 1957 'Suffolk Farm House' and in 1958 'Edge of the Woods'. Kenneth Charles Scarff died at 7 Eaton Close, Trimley St Mary, Suffolk on 2 December 1987, he was unmarried. His watercolour 'Searson`s Farm, Trimley St Mary, Nr Felixstowe, Suffolk' was sold at Sworders, Stansted Mountfitchet Salerooms, Essex in 2013. His drawings and photographs 1920-1955 are held at Suffolk Record Office, Ipswich (HG 405).

Works by This Artist